South Korea’s largest surveillance manufacturer launches its plug-and-play answer to video analytics that is affordable, simple to install and use, and perfect for the retail sector – again demonstrating that “it’s not the same, it’s IDIS”
IDIS, a leading global surveillance manufacturer, has launched its IDIS VA in the Box analytics on its stand G700 at this year’s IFSEC International.
A powerful tool available for making businesses more competitive, IDIS VA in the Box gives customers access to information needed to make the best business decisions possible. The data generated gives retailers and other end users the opportunity to learn more about their customers, their behaviours, and their needs and demands. Its simple plug-and-play installation makes IDIS VA in the Box perfect for integrators and installers unfamiliar with complicated software-based analytics, requiring little to no maintenance and ensuring a low cost of ownership for end users.
IDIS VA in the Box features include:
• People counting allowing customers to count, track, and analyse shoppers. This provides insight into exactly how many people come and go, and the difference between the estimated and actual floating population. The management and administration through people counting is essential for places requiring high-level security, such as airports and other transportation hubs. Expected number of visitors can be predicted by accumulated data and appropriate action can be made in advance.
• Heatmaps allow retailers to visualise visitor footfall and behaviour and highlight where people spend time and what they interact with. This can be utilised to determine the best location where exposure needs to be maximised, such as new product zones or areas with sluggish sales. It can also be used to select the best locations for advertisements and promotional materials.
• Queue Management that reduces customer waiting times and allows retailers to more effectively manage queues. This feature enhances customer satisfaction by enabling the opening and closing of the appropriate number of counters based on how many customers are in line. Operated by an alarm, this function allows employees to provide quick and accurate service to their waiting customers as well as an efficient internal shift-change system
• Analytical Reporting gives customers graphs and thumbnails by setting a time period, while periodical analysis is available through the IDS Center™ video management software “VA Report" tab. Customers can check hourly/daily/weekly/monthly data in detail by simply entering a date and time. The data from the people counting, queue management and heatmap functions can be reviewed individually or collectively.
Commenting, Jamie Barnfield, Senior Sales Manager, IDIS Europe said: “IDIS VA in the Box has now been installed at various sites throughout Europe, and both installers and end users are reaping the benefits. Since VA in the Box is plug-and-play with our flagship DirectIP™ platform, it is fast and simple to both install and maintain, protecting installer’s margins. When combined with IDIS Center’s intuitive user interface, it’s extremely easy for operators to utilise, and delivers IDIS’s signature low cost of ownership for end users.
“Further, the addition of analytics into the IDIS surveillance offering is also making security buying less of a grudge purchase, as not only do customers benefit from security operations, they also enhance marketing, sales, and other departments by delivering a raft of business insights.”
To find out more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.idisglobal.com.
The second day at IFSEC International at London’s ExCel saw IDIS recognise both customers and media partners by presenting awards on its stand G700 during a press briefing followed by a champagne reception. This is just one of many events the leading global surveillance manufacturer is holding across the year to celebrate its two decades of surveillance innovation.
After opening the event with a brief history of the growth of IDIS over the last 20 years, a Q&A panel on the new solutions showcased by IDIS at IFSEC and recognition of strategic media partners, Dr Albert Ryu, IDIS President and Chief Operating Officer, and Joon Jun, President of the IDIS Global Business Division, acknowledged the strategic customers that have made two decades of IDIS success possible, including new key relationships developed since the launch of the IDIS brand business at IFSEC in 2013.
Recognising new and continued partnerships, Ryu and Jun firstly presented partner awards to IDIS UK customers including integrators, a leading national distributor and a renowned fashion retailer.
• Established over 35 years ago, Direct Security recently completed large fully integrated system installations for major clients in the UK including various roll outs of DirectIP™, as well as working across major cities in Europe, North America and the Middle East. NSI Gold approved and currently working on large multi-discipline construction projects for hotels, leisure, education and commercial sectors, Direct Security are specialists in the design, installation and maintenance of high-end surveillance, access control, intercoms, intruder and fire alarm systems for major clients and key accounts, while working closely with fit out companies throughout the UK.
• Pro-Vision is a leading UK value-add distributor that offers surveillance, access control and public address equipment to installers and integrators nationwide. The company can dispatch equipment overnight and is renowned for its outstanding technical support. Pro-Vision offers over 60 brands from manufacturers that have a reputation for quality and reliability and has offered IDIS solutions since 2014 and has realised great success with the DirectIP line up as well as IDIS DirectCX, an advanced HD analogue solution that allows customers to leverage existing coax cabling.
• River Island has over 60 years of fashion retailing experience and is one of the most well-known and loved brands on the UK high street with over 350 stores worldwide. When River Island wanted to make the shift from analogue CCTV to IP surveillance, they were introduced to IDIS. The fashion retailer has now rolled out DirectIP with the totally cost-free IDIS Center™ across five stores and a logistics centre. The loss prevention team are so impressed with the IDIS performance, efficiency and low total cost of ownership that they have standardised on IDIS for all future upgrades and fit outs across their stores and facilities globally.
• SECOM Plc is a world class company supplying tailored fire and security solutions to homes, businesses and public sector organisations. SECOM began providing security solutions throughout the UK in 1918. Today, SECOM is a market leader providing customised fire and security solutions across the globe from homes to major high street brands to high-security police, government and financial establishments. To date, SECOM has completed a number of high profile integrations which use IDIS solutions, including DirectIP for Mitsui OSK Lines, which is in one of London’s newest iconic buildings.
Also, recognising the role of the distribution partners that have all worked with IDIS since the company’s foundation in 1997 and their continued support for the IDIS brand business, Ryu and Jun also presented awards to indispensable partners that focus on various countries in Europe, including:
• With the largest distribution of video surveillance and access control systems in Spain as well as covering the Portuguese market, CCTV Center has more than 20 years of experience in the sector. IDIS accredits the company as a competent partner able to provide the most appropriate and effective solutions for all video and security projects, whether small and medium-sized installations or large systems with thousands of cameras. CCTV Center has a long-standing relationship with IDIS and first started offering the complete IDIS branded line up in early 2014 and has supported multiple IDIS installations for security, video and business intelligence applications.
• IDIS Nederland B.V. is part of Divitec Group and has specialised in the distribution of surveillance and associated security products since 1997, focusing on the latest hardware and software technologies that has seen the company grow to become one of the most advanced surveillance suppliers in Benelux. Having offered IDIS products for nearly two decades, Divitec launched IDIS Nederland in 2013. Already recognising the signature quality, reliability and high performance of IDIS solutions with IDIS DVRs still in operation after thirteen years, with little to no maintenance, such as at the Dutch postal service, PostNL To date IDIS Nederland has supported more IDIS implementations in the Netherlands than in any other European country, including projects with Grafisch Lyceum Utrecht (GLU) school, Dar waste management and automotive distributor Louwman & Parqui.
• VIDEOR E.Hartig GmbH’s is a leading distributor of professional video technology in the fields of video security, digital signage, broadcast and image processing across Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Distributors, installers, systems integrators and professional users appreciate VIDEOR’s portfolio of products and solutions, which encompasses video surveillance, access control, digital signage technology, and recording and storage solutions from the world’s leading manufacturers across the industry. VIDEOR has been distributing IDIS products since 2016, offering the complete IDIS Total Solution line up.
Speaking at the show, Jun commented, “IFSEC has proven a great platform to celebrate our twentieth anniversary of two decades of innovation and launch new products and technologies. It is also an honour for Dr Ryu and I to recognise our customers and media partners and demonstrate that IDIS has a commitment to building long term partnerships. I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank all the customers and media involved in our press briefing and for taking the time to look at our latest innovations, which again demonstrate “it’s not the same, it’s IDIS.”
Find out more about the history of IDIS at www.idisglobal.com/idis/intro/about_idis and follow all the events to celebrate the 20th anniversary in 2017 at www.idisglobal.com/idis20. IDIS is exhibiting at stand G700 throughout IFSEC 2017 on 20-22 June 2017. To find out more, email email@example.com or go to www.idisglobal.com.