The 5MP IR Compact Fisheye is the company’s latest DirectIP® “Super Fisheye” camera, featuring industry-leading dewarping and SmartUX Controls
IDIS officially launched the new DirectIP® Super Fisheye 5MP Compact camera (DC-Y6513RX) in booth #18059 at the ISC West Security exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada, the latest in the company’s popular “Super Fisheye” range of DirectIP fisheye cameras, well-known for their exceptional dual-side dewarping and Smart UX Controls, allowing for smooth and intuitive panning, tracking, and zooming with award-winning ease and accuracy.
The DC-Y6513RX reflects IDIS’s continued commitment to market-responsive innovation, reflecting installer and end-user requests for a more compact 360° camera, able to capture high-definition images in all lighting conditions without blind spots, and the ability to benefit from heat mapping without the hassle and cost of additional appliances or analytics software.
A broad, high-specification camera, in a compact form factor, the new DirectIP 5MP IR Compact Fisheye is a as powerful as it is reliable and affordable, and, as a compact model with features and functionality previously only seen in the significantly larger 12MP Super Fisheye model, the DC-Y6513RX can be easily installed to meet the widest range of surveillance requirements.
Noted Keith Drummond, Senior Director of IDIS America, “The IDIS Super Fisheye 5MP Compact is a great new choice for wide area surveillance, able to replace multiple fixed-lens cameras by providing complete and clear image capture in a variety of lighting conditions. For our integrator partners, IDIS’s seamless installations and performance guarantees have the potential to increase margins, and end-users benefit from savings in terms of lower upfront equipment and installation costs, with reduced maintenance costs and video storage burden.”
The IDIS 5MP IR Compact Fisheye features:
• IDIS Smart UX Controls for very high accuracy and ease-of-use, with intuitive “rubber-band” style control to deliver a new level of operator experience.
• Super smooth de-warping on the camera as well as on desktop applications and mobile devices for added convenience and out-of-hours monitoring.
• Quick Controls allowing operators to use the CTRL button with a combination of left, right, and wheel mouse clicks for easier and faster investigations.
• Full protection against video loss thanks to built-in Smart Failover guaranteeing continued recording in the event of network instability, overload or failure.
• IDIS Intelligent Codec that delivers H.264/H.265 dual codec performance and significant bandwidth and storage savings, while eliminating the need to upgrade hardware.
• Quick and simple installation with DirectIP® NVRs and true plug-and-play functionality.
• Reduced potential for cybersecurity loopholes with one-click configuration eliminating the need to manage individual passwords for multiple devices.
• Heat-mapping to more easily identify hot-spots, dead zones and bottlenecks in retail and eating-out sectors.
• Intelligent video and event trigger functions including motion detection, active tampering and trip zones.
As further noted by Drummond, “The IDIS Super Fisheye 5MP Compact camera also scores highly on essential features including, built-in LEDs for IR operation in full darkness (up to 15m); 8 zone privacy masking; true wide dynamic range; ONVIF support and microphone allowing 2-way communications; industry-leading 5-year free warranty. All these factors come together to deliver a lower cost of ownership to our customers”
The IDIS total solution offers an end-to-end, single sourced offering that delivers unrivalled plug-and-play simplicity, combined with highest-quality performance, compatibility, and a low total cost of ownership and now features the longest recorder warranty in the industry. For more information on the IDIS Total Solution, visit the IDIS booth at ISC West #18059, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (469) 444-6538, or visit www.idisglobal.com.